And yet weeks later there we are again, in the same place we were last year. Wishing that it could be New Years again and we could try it just one more time.
Well, this year I'm determined. My days are dangerously unorganized and my meal plans are scarce and non existent. I stumbled into marriage without even knowing the definition of a homemaker, and that has to change NOW.
So some of my goals for the new year:
- Create a home planning binder (full of recipes, menu plans, resources etc)
- Establish a good list of recipes we eat often and use it to effectively plan our meals
- Make a habit of keeping the kitchen cleaner (wash dishes right away, put food away better, etc)
- Make a habit of waking up BEFORE the kids (establish a morning routine)
- Come up with a good plan for homeschooling our daughter in preschool
- Set aside time every day to read with the children
These are just a few of my goals for the new year, and I've found a few resources to help me accomplish these.
Kat @ Inspired to Action has an amazing FREE ebook encouraging moms to "maximize your mornings".
Here also is a link to her winter Hello Mornings Challenge Bible study. I just started it this week, and I'm excited for the focused time in the Word!
Stephanie @ Keeper of the Home just released a great ebook Plan it, Don't Panic . I just purchased this super affordable ebook and I plan on using it to crack down on this meal planning!
Hope for a new start
Well, no matter how many awesome resources I have, we all know there will be days when I fail miserably. That's why this year I'm clinging to God's promise:
"This I recall to my mind, & therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His Compassions never fail. They are new every morning, Great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21-23
So no matter how badly one day may go, there is hope. For every single day we get a new start. A new chance to make that day right. A new chance to put our hope in God and trust that He will teach us how to become homemakers to His Glory!
What are some of your goals for the new year? And have you found any resources to help you reach them? Are you trusting in God's faithfulness?