Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Homemakers Prayer

So to start out our month of thankfulness I found a prayer that I wrote actually a year or two ago. I remember the night very well, I was standing in our small kitchen starring at the piles of dirty dishes everywhere (and thinking of the laundry and floors I also had to do). I felt so overwhelmed and I was trying to motivate myself to start cleaning, but I was so tired. Then God reminded me that I should be thankful, because if I didn't have all these things to do, then it would probably mean that I didn't have any food to eat, clothes to wear, etc. So I wrote down this prayer...

A Homemakers Prayer

Thank you Jesus, for this sink filled with dirty dishes;
for it means we have food to eat.

Thank you Jesus, for the endless loads of laundry;
for it means I have a family to clothe.

Thank you Jesus, for floors covered with dirt;
for it means we have a house to live in.

Thank you Jesus, for poopy diapers and sticky fingers;
for it means I have a child to love.

Thank you Jesus, for my aching feet at the end of the day;
for it means I have a body to serve you with.

Thank you Jesus, for every opportunity I have in a day 
to humble myself and serve my family;
for it brings me closer to becoming more like You.



No comments:

Post a Comment